Author Topic: Post what kind of videos you would like to see!  (Read 9179 times)

Shahriar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Post what kind of videos you would like to see!
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 08:53:44 PM »
Hello there,

I am one of visitors of this great blog!
Just wanted to ask when can we expect another blog post, I hope blog is not dead (I mean there are no new posts for a month)???

Greetings

Hi,

Rest assured the blog is not dead! I have just been very busy. There are lots of videos on their way! :)
Shahriar Shahramian, Ph.D.
TheSignalPath.com Host

moSSad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 01:34:58 PM »
Hello there,

Just wanted to ask when can we expect another blog post, I hope blog is not dead (I mean there are no new posts for a month)???

Greetings

Hi,

Rest assured the blog is not dead! I have just been very busy. There are lots of videos on their way! :)

Hello,

Another month passed...
Please tell me can we expect anything?? :(

xynth

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2012, 07:17:42 AM »
Hi there
I like your videos very much and i am impressed!
Now for the beginners there is good stuff on Jeri Ellsworth video blog.
Also professional soldering technique (youtube and eev blog).

I learn a lot from Review Teardowns and tutorials, say i need ALL of it.
The Tutorials help much on the theoretical side,
while the review/teardown of a product show me do's and dont's.
that helps alot for develop my own Design-style,
and if i am interested in buying the reviewed product...even better...perfect

My interest:
OpAmps: Symetrical amp design and Signal treatement (sorry for my English!)

I like to see a review and a "look under the hood" of your mean looking Rigol Scope BUT
my money will only get that 2072.

Rogla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2012, 03:13:43 PM »
Hello Shahriar,

another fan here, great videos!

I would (desperately) like to know how to retrieve data from a DM30XX multimeter, preferable with MS VisulStudio.
If you don't like to make a video about it, can you please give me some clues how to do it (point to some example code).

I'm not able to get any response from my DM3064 on the RS-232 or via sockets. Have no clue about how to use the USB port created by the NI-VISA driver. The SCPI commands are really simple, that's not the problem, it is how to make the connection an get the response/data back. A simple demo code like Rigol Ultra Sigma would be great as a starter (I can send commands and get data back via the Ultra Sigma program with no problems). I plan to use my own software to scan multi channels.

So please, a small video or a hint of how to do it would make me very glad!  :)

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 03:26:30 PM by Rogla »

Shahriar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2012, 06:48:05 PM »
Hello Shahriar,

another fan here, great videos!

I would (desperately) like to know how to retrieve data from a DM30XX multimeter, preferable with MS VisulStudio.
If you don't like to make a video about it, can you please give me some clues how to do it (point to some example code).

I'm not able to get any response from my DM3064 on the RS-232 or via sockets. Have no clue about how to use the USB port created by the NI-VISA driver. The SCPI commands are really simple, that's not the problem, it is how to make the connection an get the response/data back. A simple demo code like Rigol Ultra Sigma would be great as a starter (I can send commands and get data back via the Ultra Sigma program with no problems). I plan to use my own software to scan multi channels.

So please, a small video or a hint of how to do it would make me very glad!  :)

Thanks

Ok, I will try and look into that.
TheSignalPath.com Host

Rogla

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 05:45:35 AM »
That was really good news Shahriar!

I hope you will get something to work.

I have only been able to get a short message string back in respose on connection.
But sending SCPI commands always fails.

Edit: I figured out what I did wrong.  :P
I wrote about my experience of how to connect to a Rigol box from a C# program here:
http://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/rigol-c-net-ni-visa-example/

Regards
Roger
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 05:44:25 PM by Rogla »

DanP

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2012, 02:24:12 AM »

I second reverse Engineering examples
 A series on linear Power design: (voltage / current sources ) / DC/DC converters design and micro-power design ( for example to get the greatest possible life out of a battery pack )
 A serie on Switching power design

Shahriar

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2012, 08:01:30 AM »
Hello there,

Greetings

No, it is not dead! Just very busy... :)
TheSignalPath.com Host

DanP

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2012, 04:16:15 AM »

There is another topic which I personally  find very interesting, and ill mention it here. The subject is the design of discrete op-amps suite for various applications (choose an application, a specification set, and design).  As an example see a discrete design for an audio op-amp http://www.johnhardyco.com/pdf/990.pdf

I don't know if other ppl find the subject of designing op-amps as fascinating as myself, i would find a series of several videos (prolly it can't be done in a single video) on this particular design subject simply great.  And please keep your series technical, generalities you can find way too easy. Thanks for all the effort you put in this and your top-level quality presentations. 

Ego_and_his_own

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2012, 11:29:12 PM »
I would like to see video on topic of simplest RF transmitter/receiver that can be made.

Doug50

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2012, 10:16:46 AM »
Hi,

Your videos are really informative, and having such great equipment makes it very enjoyable to watch the results appear, even if the content does get a bit technical at times. I'm pretty much a novice and learning fast, but I wouldn't want you to dumb anything down. It's not always easy stuff to grasp, otherwise everyone would be doing it. Anything I don't understand, I'll research on my own.

I'd vote for more circuit ideas and explanations . I've learned a ton of very interesting things from what you've done already.

Thanks
Douglas

G0PAi

• Bees, Radio, Programming and Violin
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 06:12:21 PM »
@Shahriar,

I have browsed most of your videos and posted several links to Intermediate level Amateur Radio at my local radio club.
I'm a retired telegraphist, programmer and self taught electronics enthusiast and very much enjoy your style, devoid as it is of  antipodean hysterics, but full of detail. I particularly enjoy the fact that your rip downs and reviews also have experiments or short tutorials to demonstrate use of the relevant equipment.

The tutorials on passive filters, data transmission and equalisation, and particularly the utility of the eye diagram which is, to me, a recent revelation is very graphic in showing the quality of a transmission line with regard to jitter and amplitude instability. Simply something that even a baby can understand once explained – if only it was so easy!

Linear & non-linear circuits was particularly useful as the spectrum analyser showed exactly the effects of non-linearity on the harmonic content of signals. An increasingly significant area of interest to amateur radio (AR) operators who use psk31 and other data transmission modes and are perhaps not fully appraised of the effects of keeping the transmitted signal in the linear region.

The list is potentially endless, so a big thank you for your time and trouble. I suspect that the bare feet are an EE thing as Dave Jones tootsies turned up in a video shot also.

As a result of finding Dave's EEVBlogs I am awaiting a late delivery from Santa of a Rigol DS1102E DSO. I'm thinking that if you can get your hands on a loan of the 800MHz and 1.5GHz Rigol for a review or opinion, that they are becoming affordable to guys like me that would love to be able to see a 3GHz bandwidth, but will happily settle for 1.5GHz.

Until a few months ago, I hadn't looked at the price of scopes etc., but only ten years ago a second hand dual beam CRO was probably the best I could expect to pick up. My, times have changed and Blogs such as your own, Dave's and to a lesser extent Martin Lorton's, there is now a lot of demonstrable technical information available that just wasn't available five years ago. Between you all, I suspect that Rigol kit is becoming very popular, because it has been brought to an audience that didn't even know that it existed a year ago, and never thought that it might be affordable too.

Keep up your videos, they are very much appreciated. I do appreciate that you are very busy and so would be more than happy that your videos might primarily serve your EE teaching role, just as long as we get to see them too. It's too easy to find yourself seriously short of time and videos just don't happen by accident. Well done  8)

Ian - G0PAi

narmex7

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2013, 04:57:48 PM »
the bjt amplifier design and characterization video is great!

i'd very much like to see a series of tutorials,
1) on bjt amplifiers, RF stage, AF stage, single stage, multi stage, power output stage, etc.;
2) that covers ALL the necessary topics/issues in the making of high quality bjt amplifiers;
3) with all topics/issues treated with rigor.

way too many tutorials try to make it simple, easy, and fast, without realizing that is to make them next to useless, and that is just the reason why none of them ever gain any popularity.

i think a complete and rigorous series will be well received, and will stand out. of course that will be of great value to me as well!

Bassalisk

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 05:50:09 AM »
Hello,

I would really like to see IMD3 products in action. Why is it measured this way, why they come into the picture and how do deal with them?

I mostly know the theory of it, and I think I'm quite comfortable with it, but I would like to see this in practice.

Erick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 12:54:09 PM »
Shahriar,

I like your tutorials.  Good work.

As a future topic I'd suggest a tutorial demonstrating some theory, applications, and experiments with a VNA (Vector Network Analyzer), using two . . .  maybe four ports.

I did not see a VNA in your lab; perhaps you could acquire one?  If you successfully get one approved on you capital equipment budget -- maybe the Anritsu VectorStar ME7838A that I keep getting their nice adverts, but not the price -- then I think they should also include a bottle of 1978 Nuits-Saint-Georges!  I know that this piece of kit ain't cheap but it would make a nice and powerful addition for complex circuit exploration.

Best regards,
Erick